I can’t believe it! I’m writing this from Budapest! The time is finally here for my month of gallivanting around Europe!
Wofford has a January term that we call interim and this year I am getting to travel to Europe on a WWII trip! We started in a Budapest and tomorrow will be our third day here. I’m still in shock that I’m here! It’s absolutely amazing! This is definitely a city to visit if you are looking for somewhere to go in Europe!
You can follow along on my Instagram for pictures of my adventures.
Well I’ve officially been on summer vacation for 3 weeks! The past 2 I have spent working, which I’m quite happy about. With almost 3 months still ahead of me to enjoy I have come up with some goals I have for my vacation.
1. Date myself! Yes, I know this sounds weird-especially with the amazing boyfriend I have. But last summer I went to see Rock of Ages by myself and it was honestly one of the most incredible experiences of my life. I love that movie way more than the average person because of the feeling I got from seeing the movie by myself. It’s a great way to refresh from the constant interactions with people at work. It’s also a great way to get to know what you truly life and dislike. What would be your ideal date with yourself?
2. Figure out after graduation plans! I know this is a year off, but I need to have a plan when I get back to school or else I will graduate and have nothing lined up. I have a lot to consider-grad school or straight into the work world? what do I want to do? That’s the big one. Maybe I should start by trying to answer that question.
3. Save Money! This is a huge one! I try to save money every summer so that I will be able to support myself at school without a job, but I never seem to save enough. But this summer I have even more incentive to save money, Europe! I’m going in January on a World War II based interim trip and I could not be more excited!
4. Read! I used to do this all the time in my summer during high school. I couldn’t be pried off the sofa if I was in the middle of a book. I would stay up until 4 in the morning reading. However, I don’t read as much anymore and I need to change this. Any recommendations for good books would be great!
5. Learn! This one goes along with the last one, but there’s so much out there to learn beyond reading. There are a lot of educational YouTube videos, which is how I seem to spend a good chunk of my time these days. Know of any good ones? I’m willing to learn about anything!
I feel like these should be pretty simple goals to stick out. What are some of your goals for the summer?