Today marks the start of formal recruitment here at Wofford. It’s an absolutely crazy weekend, but it ends with an amazing Monday with new members! I know there is a lot of debate out there about the importance of fraternities and sororities, but I see being part of a sorority as one of the most rewarding experiences of my life! Here are my five favorite things about being Greek:
1. Philanthropy: Tri Delta’s national philanthropy is childhood cancer research. This really resonates with me and I absolutely love doing everything I can to help out in raising money. Tri Delta’s also raise 25% of all money raised by Greek organizations! How amazing is that?!
2. My sisters: This sounds cheesy, but I absolutely love my sisters. They are my roommates, best friends, and will be my bridesmaids when I get married. They help me when I’m going through a rough time or when I just don’t feel like studying. I absolutely don’t know what I would do without these girls!
3. Functions: Between the crush parties, semi-formal, and formal we always have a blast. Dressing up and going out with my sisters helps break out of the ordinary.
4. Leadership Opportunities: I have had the pleasure of holding many leadership positions in Tri Delta, including being philanthropy chair. Holding these offices has allowed me to get involved in Tri Delta further and also on campus. I’ve met and worked with people I never would have imagined.
5. Plethora of Ideas: Everyone comes from different backgrounds and has their own ideas. I find it amazing for us to all work together and collaborate to make Tri Delta better. An idea that someone comes up with may turn out to be a tradition for years to come!
My Tri Delta family at Duck Calls and Overalls!
Are you part of a Greek organization? I would love to hear about your experiences!